Over the last few decades green tea has been subjected to many scientific and medical studies to determine the extent of its long-purported health benefits, with some evidence suggesting regular green tea drinkers may have lower chances of heart disease and developing certain other health problems. Researchers have found an apparent connection between green tea consumption and a reduced risk of developing type 1 diabetes. The key player in this new study is epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) found in the tea. The tea has also been useful for weight loss management.
Green tea is a relative newcomer in the bone-health arena, but previous studies have also found that epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), a component of green tea, blocks the activity of two molecules, IL-6 and cyclooxygenase-2 (Cox-2), which play a role in breaking down bone.
It may also help protect fatty livers after a liver transplant. Green tea may even have fat-burning properties, which are related to a class of polyphenols called catechins — naturally occurring antioxidants that have a number of physiological and pharmacological properties.
Some possible benefits of Green Tea may include:
● Fighting against heart disease
● Fighting Dementia
● Reduces high blood lipids
● Combating Arteriosclerosis
● Helping keep bones strong
● Fighting Cerebral thrombus
● Reducing risk of developing type 1 diabetes
● Preventing the reduction of glutathione by a whopping 87-100%
● Helping reduce rosacea when applied topically
● Reduces pain & inflammation related to rheumatoid arthritis
● Fighting certain types of cancer including prostate cancer
● Supporting adrenal function
● Helping weight loss
● Inhibiting the matrix metalloproteinases (MMP) enzyme, which contribute to age-related degradation of the skin matrix
Spirulina is a type of live blue-green algae found in most lakes and ponds. It has been consumed for thousands of years by Mexican (Aztecs, Mayans), African, and Asian people. Raw Spirulina powder is considered a complete protein because well over half of it consists of amino acids — the building blocks of protein. It is also a source of other nutrients including B complex vitamins, beta-carotene, vitamin E, carotenoids, manganese, zinc, copper, iron, selenium and gamma linolenic acid (an essential fatty acid). Imagine a vegetable with more protein than soy, more Vitamin A than carrots, more iron than beef, profound source of protective phytochemicals, naturally low in fat, source of the essential fatty acid GLA and is easy to digest.
Spirulina algae promotes health in many ways. It may protect from oxidative stress and may strongly support a healthy immune system response and a healthy inflammatory response. Scientific studies suggest it may be especially good for the brain, heart, immune system and more. Spirulina powder has been used since ancient times as a source of nutrients.
Spirulina likes to grow in hot and alkaline environments which helps ensure its hygienic status, as no other organisms can survive to pollute the waters in which this algae thrives. Spirulina is in fact one of the cleanest, most naturally sterile foods found in nature. Its adaptation to heat also assures that Spirulina retains its nutritional value when subjected to higher temperatures during processing and shelf storage, unlike many plant foods that rapidly deteriorate at high temperatures. Spirulina algae is also unusual among algae because it is a “nuclear plant” meaning it is on the developmental cusp between plants and animals. It is considered somewhat above plants because it does not have the hard cellulose membranes characteristic of plant cells, nor does it have a well-defined nucleus. This allows it to be highly digestible in comparison with other algae such as chlorella.
Spirulina is a natural source of small quantities of Iodine / Potassium iodide (KI). Iodine is a chemical element essential for the production of thyroid hormones that supports growth and metabolism. The natural Potassium iodide (KI) / Iodine from Spirulina is absorbed by your body more slowly and safely than chemical or synthetic iodine. Further Spirulina helps promote an alkaline pH balance within the body and also supports a healthy immune system response.
Iodine / Potassium iodide (KI), administered orally immediately after exposure to certain types of radiation, may be used to protect the thyroid from ingested radioactive iodine. But Potassium iodide (KI) would only be effective if the radiation contains radioactive iodine.
Nutritional statistics of Spirulina:
● Spirulina contains more nutrition gram per gram than any other product in the world!
● 3 grams of our organic Spirulina have the same amount of phytonutrients as 5 servings of fruits & vegetables
● Spirulina has 300% more calcium than whole milk (good for bones, osteoporosis, growth of children)
● Spirulina has 3900% more Beta Carotene than carrots (good for eyes, strong antioxidant, immunity)
● Spirulina has 375% more protein than tofu (building block for muscle tissue, necessary in diet)
● Over 200 scientific studies have been done showing potential health benefits of Spirulina
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Organic Spirulina Powder may include:
● May support a healthy immune system response
● Rare food source of the essential fatty acid GLA
● May Support a healthy inflammatory response
● Supporting cellular purification
● A source of B-12 & easy-to-absorb iron
● May support healthy cardiovascular function
● May Support healthy brain function
● Excellent source for RNA
● May support healthy blood sugar levels
● May support healthy heart function
● Natural source of Iodine / Potassium iodide (KI)
● May support healthy blood pressure levels
● Possible lipid-lowering properties
● Highly digestible
● Nourishing & may support healthy liver function
● Rich in antioxidants
● May support a healthy mental outlook
● Helping to keep bodily pH in a healthy range
If you are looking for a supplement to maintain overall health with additional cleansing properties, you’ll want to add Chlorella to your nutritional program. Chlorella is an emerald green, single-celled freshwater microalgae widely recognized as one of the most potent nutritional whole foods on Earth.
Each chlorella cell is a self-sufficient organism with all the plant’s life functions taking place inside the cell. The result – an unusually high concentration of important nutrients.
This tiny plant contains the highest known quantity of chlorophyll within a natural source. Chlorophyll is the ‘green blood’ of all plant life and has a chemical structure very similar to our own red blood molecules. Chlorophyll supports the transportation of oxygen around the blood supply and builds the red blood cell count. It nourishes and purifies the blood stream, kidneys, liver and bowel.
Scientists and medical professionals have long recognized the importance of chlorophyll in the diet as a possible bowel supporting agent and natural deodorant, and topically as a wound-healer. Many green foods are good sources of chlorophyll, but results of recent laboratory tests show that Chlorella has more than five times more milligrams of chlorophyll per serving than wheat grass, twelve times more than barley and nearly 10 times more than alfalfa.
Nutrients found in Chlorella:
● Known as the richest natural source of chlorophyll – deep cleansing
● More than 20 bioavailable (easy to digest) vitamins & minerals
● Rich in Beta-Carotene a powerful antioxidant that fights free radicals
● 19 amino acids – essential for tissue and cell regeneration
● Greater quantity of fatty acids than Spirulina or wild blue green algae
● 60% superior protein – three times the amount of steak or fish
● Contains most components of the vitamin B complex, especially B12, making Chlorella a recommended supplement for vegetarians
Some possible traditional uses of Chlorella may include:
● May support a healthy immune system response
● Friendly bacteria growth is encouraged supporting your digestion
● Excellent for purifying
● May support a healthy PH level – essential for good health
● Possible Antiviral properties help to protect you from infection
● Broad spectrum nutrition that may support healthy energy levels
● Supporting healthy weight loss if you are dieting
● A natural deodorant, Chlorella helps to freshen your breath
● A good bowel cleansing agent that improves the overall digestive tract